The terms ‘GCL’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of the Platform. The term ‘you’ or ‘user’ refers to the user or viewer of our Platform.
The Platform is generally accessible and made available to browse, free of charge. However, GCL reserves the right to charge a subscription, membership, service, or other fees from a user, in respect of certain product(s), feature(s), or service(s) provided on the Platform. GCL may make available certain products, features, services, content, and other functionalities through the Platform ("Services"). The Services offered on the Platform may differ from time to time and from region to region. Further, GCL reserves the right to terminate or cancel any access, product, feature, service, or order or redirect a user to a different website or platform, at its sole discretion. GCL does not make any warranty or representation that a user in one region may access, use or obtain the Services from the Platform in another region.
Users will have the option to register with us and create a personal user profile on the Platform (“User Profile”), which may enable them to interact on the Platform, and avail of certain Services. GCL may, at its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to accept registration applications for the registration and creation of a User Profile.
- Platform Access, Services, and Availability
- To create a User Profile, you will be required to provide your full name, email address, and also choose a password for your User Profile.
- Where appropriate, including but not limited to when you access the GCL Metaverse, you may be required to give further information about yourself for your User Profile verification. To complete your User Profile, you will be required to provide your full name, email address, and profile picture.
- You must provide complete and accurate information about yourself. You undertake that you will notify us and update this information to ensure that it is current. Any information provided by you to us should be complete and truthful to the best of your knowledge. We are not obliged to cross-check or verify the information provided by you and we will not take any responsibility for any outcome or consequence as a result of your provision of incorrect information or concealment of any relevant information from us.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to protect the information you provide on the Platform including but not limited to your username, password, email address, contact details, and mobile number. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and User Profile and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or User Profile.
- Our Services and the Platform are intended for a general audience. You must be at least 16 years of age to create a User Profile or avail of certain Services and we reserve the right to remove your User Profile if we reasonably believe you are under 16.
The Platform may contain views/ideas/opinions/statements/content expressed/provided by independent authors/contributors/ posters/users or other third parties on various topics (“Contributed Content”). Such views/ideas/opinions/statements/content are solely those of the authors/contributors/posters/users/third parties and are not endorsed in any manner by GCL. GCL shall not be responsible for or liable in any manner whatsoever for any Contributed Content in any section of the Platform. Further, the accuracy of such statements has not been verified by GCL and GCL provides no warranties of the same. If you seek to rely on any representation of information contained on the Platform, any such reliance shall be at your own risk. You agree and warrant that you will not contribute, post or upload any Contributed Content onto the website that:
- Platform Content
- The domain address www.globalchessleague.com is owned by GCL.
- All material present on the Platform, including all content, illustrations, information, photographs, products, software, text, images, artwork, designs, graphics, logos, button icons, video and audio clips/recordings (collectively, “Content”) used and appearing on the Platform, are owned, controlled by or licensed to GCL and are protected on a worldwide-basis by design, trademark, trade dress, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. The Content of this Platform, and the Platform as a whole, are intended solely for personal non-commercial use by the users of this Platform. You may not copy Content from this Platform, or otherwise modify, obscure, or delete any copyright or other proprietary notices on this Platform. No right, title, or interest in any materials or software, if applicable, on this Platform is transferred to you from your use of this Platform. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, this Platform, or any related software without the prior written authorization of GCL.
- Contributed Content
- you do not have any right to or belongs to any other person; or
- is harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libelous, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or
- harms minors in any way; or
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights; or
- violates any law for the time being in force; or
- deceives or misleads other users of the Platform about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; or
- impersonates another person; or
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security, or sovereignty of any country, friendly relations between countries, or is insulting to any other nation; or
- threatens public order or causes incitement to the commission of any offenses or prevents investigation of any offense by law enforcement authorities.
This license shall apply to the distribution and storage of Contributed Content in any form, medium, or technology.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names, copyrights, and other intellectual property appearing on or contained within the Platform are proprietary to GCL unless otherwise stated. These may not be used in any manner whatsoever for any purpose, without the prior written consent of GCL.
- You are solely responsible for any Contributed Content (whether publicly posted or privately transmitted) that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Platform. You represent and warrant that you own all intellectual property rights in such Contributed Content and that no part of the Contributed Content infringes any third-party rights. You further confirm and undertake to not display or use the names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights, or intellectual and proprietary rights of any third party on the Platform. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GCL, its directors, employees, affiliates, and assigns against all costs, damages, loss, and harm including but not limited to litigation costs and counsel fees, in respect of any third-party claims that may be initiated including for infringement of Intellectual Property Rights arising out of such display or use of the names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual and proprietary rights on GCL, by yourself or through your commissions or omissions.
- You hereby grant to GCL and its affiliates, partners, licensors, and associates a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, display, transfer, transmit, and/or publish Contributed Content for any of the following purposes:
- displaying Contributed Content on the Platform;
- distributing Contributed Content, either electronically or via other media, to other users of the Platform seeking to download or otherwise access it, and/or
- storing Contributed Content in a remote database.
- All names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights, or intellectual and proprietary rights on the Platform belonging to any person (including you), entity, or third party are recognized as proprietary to the respective owners, and any claims, controversy or issues against these names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual and proprietary rights must be directly addressed to the respective parties under notice to GCL.
Your use of the Platform and the Content is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. In addition to the aforementioned restrictions on the usage of the Platform and the Content and such restrictions as may be provided herein and in such additional policies, terms, and conditions notified by GCL, users of the Platform shall not:
- Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
- The Platform and all Content, products, and services therein are provided by GCL in good faith and on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and GCL does not guarantee the accuracy, availability, reliability, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Platform or any Content, products, and services contained therein. GCL makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the operation of the Platform, the information, the Content, materials, services, or products included therein or thereon. GCL makes no warranty that: (a) the Platform will meet your requirements; (b) the Platform will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Platform or any services offered through the Platform will be accurate or reliable. Except to the extent as provided by the applicable law, GCL disclaims all responsibility (whether direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise) with respect to the accuracy or otherwise of the information, Content, materials, or products arising from the use of the Platform. Any Content accessed or otherwise viewed through the Platform is consumed at your discretion, acceptance, and risk.
- GCL shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or device, or loss of data that results from the download of any Content or application from the Platform.
- The Platform may contain links from/provided by third parties which may direct you to external websites or applications of such third parties. You agree that GCL is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third-party links, and any website, application, content, products, or services accessed by or as a result of following such third-party links is at your sole risk. You are requested to peruse the relevant policies of such third party before use. GCL is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Platform, including opinions, advice, statements, and advertisements, and you shall bear all risks associated with the use of such content. GCL is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort that the User may incur from dealing with any third-party links.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, GCL hereby disclaims any and all liability for any loss, cost, or damage (direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of your use of or inability to use the Platform, or any part thereof, regardless of whether such loss, cost or damage arises from GCL’s negligence or otherwise, and regardless of whether GCL is or has been expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage. In no event shall GCL be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages, and any other damages like damages for loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Platform or any Content.
- Accuracy of Information and Content
- The information and Content presented/available on the Platform have been compiled by GCL from various sources including external sources. No representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness, reliability, usefulness, or accuracy of such information or Content. The Platform may contain typographical errors, incomplete or out-of-date information, or Content. GCL reserves the right to change or discontinue the Content and information on the Platform, or the products or services described/offered therein, or update such information or Content at any time, without notice, but GCL does not commit to correct or update the information or Content. If you seek to rely on any information or Content available on the Platform, any such reliance shall be at your own risk, and GCL shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever.
- User Restrictions
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold GCL harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or relating to your use of the Platform, your access to, or inability to access the Platform or any part thereof, or from your reliance upon any information contained on the Platform.
GCL may immediately, without notice, deny you access to the Platform, or any part thereof, if, in GCL’s opinion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Decompile, decipher, reverse engineer, derive the source code of, or disassemble any of the software comprising or making up a part of the Platform, or tamper or remove any copyright, trademark registration, or other proprietary notices from the Content provided on the Platform;
- Aggregate or otherwise use the Platform or the Content in a manner that could reasonably serve as a substitute for access to the Platform or Content or create applications, extensions, or other products and services that use any of the Platform’s Content without our permission;
- Use the Platform in any way that is unlawful, improper, or harms GCL or any other person or entity, as determined by GCL;
- Access or use the Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Platform’s servers, infrastructure, or the networks connected to any of the servers on which the Platform is hosted or cause the operation of the Platform or any part thereof to be jeopardized or impaired;
- Violate any applicable laws related to the access to or use of the Platform or any Content;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Platform, Content, systems resources, or gain unauthorized access to servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Platform or any affiliated or linked sites or application/s;
- Commit any act that amounts to the infringement of intellectual property or making available any material or content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of anyone else;
- Post, transmit, or make available any material or content that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines, code, files, or such other programs that may harm the Platform, interests, or rights of other users or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications;
- Interfere with, or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying access to the Platform, Content, or other affiliated sites, or engage in disruptive attacks such as denial of service attacks on the Platform; and
- Use deep-links, page-scrape, robot, spider, or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to increase traffic to the Platform, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Platform or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the exclusionary protocols, navigational structure or presentation of the Platform or any Content, or to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content through any means not specifically made available through the Platform.
- Infringement Notification
In the event that you wish GCL to disable access to any Content or to remove/take-down any Content from the Platform, in addition to the email notification set out above, you shall provide and attach a court order from a competent court or other lawful order directing the removal or disabling of access to such Content to the email notification provided hereunder and provide GCL with the original execution copy of such order.
- A clear identification of the allegedly prohibited/unlawful/abusive material on the Platform (with specific URL and/or screenshot reference);
- Your contact details: name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- In case of an alleged violation of proprietary rights (including copyright, trade-mark or privacy rights): a statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the proprietary material allegedly infringed on the Platform is not authorized by you or your agent or the law;
- A statement that you believe, in good faith, that such material is prohibited/unlawful/abusive;
- A statement that the information provided in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury and that the signatory is authorized to act on your behalf.
- Information Gathered and Tracked
In case you have any complaints or grievances pertaining to the Platforms, please share the same with us by writing to the email address provided hereinbelow.
In your complaint or grievance, please include the following information:
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism
On receiving such complaint, grievance or notice, GCL reserves the right to investigate and/or take such action as it may deem appropriate. GCL may reach out to you to seek further clarification or assistance with the investigation or verify the statements made in your complaint, grievance or notice, and you acknowledge that your timely assistance with the investigation would facilitate the redressal of the same.
You may contact the Grievance Redressal Officer as follows with an Email Subject Line highlighting the nature of your grievance:
The Grievance Redressal Officer identified above is pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws.
GCL reserves the right to replace the Grievance Redressal Officer at its discretion through the publication of the name and title of such replacement on the Platform, which replacement shall come into effect immediately upon publication.
- Your name and contact details: name, address, contact number, and email address;
- Your relation to the subject matter of the complaint, i.e. complainant or person acting on behalf of an affected person;
- The name and age of the person aggrieved or affected by the subject matter of the complaint, in case you are acting on behalf of such person and a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of such person and to provide such person's personal information to us in relation to the complaint/grievance;
- Description of the complaint or grievance with clear identification of the issue in relation to which such complaint or grievance is made;
- A statement that you believe, in good faith, that the grievance to be legitimate under these Terms;
- A statement that the information provided in the complaint or grievance is accurate.